Bangalore Road network and PT network in GIS format

Jyothi Chava

Aug 10, 2015, 10:49:29 AM8/10/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

I'm desperately looking for the following data. It would be a great help for my thesis if someone can share this data.
  1. Street network: street classification, street name, if any additional data related to traffic and transportation. I tried to download this data from geofabrik. But the file size is huge so due to network issues I didn't able to download.
  2. Public transit network: PT routes, PT stops, route timings/ frequency in GIS format. This data is already available in openbangalore blog in SQLITE format. I'm looking for the same data in GIS format. I didn't know if is there a way to convert SQLite to GIS

Please if anybody has this data do share.

Thanks
--

With Regards
Jyothi Chava

Doctoral student
CUSP, Curtin University
WA

Yogesh

Aug 10, 2015, 9:43:00 PM8/10/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

  1. Street network: street classification, street name, if any additional data related to traffic and transportation. I tried to download this data from geofabrik. But the file size is huge so due to network issues I didn't able to download.

Have you looked at Mapzen's Metro extracts - https://mapzen.com/data/metro-extracts. You can get only Bengaluru's OSM data which is ~50MB.

  1. Public transit network: PT routes, PT stops, route timings/ frequency in GIS format. This data is already available in openbangalore blog in SQLITE format. I'm looking for the same data in GIS format. I didn't know if is there a way to convert SQLite to GIS

By GIS format, do you mean shape(*.shp) file? If yes, then you can try adding your *.sqlite file as a layer in QGIS and save as *.shp file.

cheers,
yogi

Yogesh K S