Is there a way to traffic historical traffic data?

Anand Katakam

Jan 8, 2016, 3:04:26 AM1/8/16
to datameet
Hello,

I am trying to track the impact of the odd-even scheme. Is there a way to get historical data from the google maps traffic API?

Is there a script I can run to collect that data?

srinivas kodali

Jan 9, 2016, 1:57:01 AM1/9/16
to datameet
You can collect google maps current data first. I am sharing GPS data of buses and autos in Delhi in a separate thread. You need to measure speeds and timings using this data and compare it with current google traffic api.

Also, you can't do it for entire delhi due to limitations with the google API. Ideally you need to ask governemnt to publish this data like any other country.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
"Not everyone who wanders is lost, I am probably a bit"

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Anand Katakam

Jan 13, 2016, 10:05:44 PM1/13/16
to datameet
Thanks Srinivas.

Yeah, i just started collecting some data.