Open Access Week Oct 19th to the 25

Nisha Thompson

Oct 12, 2015, 6:39:30 AM10/12/15
to datameet
Hey All,

Ahmedabad and Bangalore are planning to do events for Open Access Week.

Bangalore - The 24th of Oct on Saturday at CIS we will be live streaming with Ahmedabad and doing talks on the status of openness in India and other topics.
Meetup announcement will be coming soon.

There are ideas to do a few different things but need some help.

If you are interested in helping please reply!

Nisha

--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org

shirish शिरीष

Oct 13, 2015, 12:43:52 PM10/13/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
at bottom :-
Dear Nisha,

Can you share what sort of events and what you mean by Open Access
week ? Could you elaborate for one and all.

--
Regards,
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल

srinivas kodali

Oct 13, 2015, 2:31:00 PM10/13/15
to datameet

Shirish,

Open access week is from Oct 19-25 every year and is to promote open access around the world. More about it here www.openaccessweek.org

Datameet is trying to organize couple of meetups and events to promote open access.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sitansu Mahapatra

Oct 14, 2015, 3:21:07 AM10/14/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nisha

How we could help you from OGD Platform.

Regards,
Sitansu

Nisha Thompson

Oct 14, 2015, 5:59:49 AM10/14/15
to datameet
Would you guys like to give a quick update at the event on how Data.gov.in is doing?

We will be using hangouts!

Nisha

Sitansu Mahapatra

Oct 15, 2015, 5:05:24 AM10/15/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nisha

We can have a presentation on Hangout about recent updates on Data.gov.in. Please share your agenda, we can plan it accordingly.

Regards,
Sitansu

Nisha Thompson

Oct 15, 2015, 8:30:32 AM10/15/15
to datameet
Awesome!

The meetup page is here:

We will starting at around 6:30pm on Saturday and should go til 8:30 at the latest including after presentation discussion.

We can have Data.gov.in be the first presentation. Sometime around 7ish.
Bangalore will be sharing about general status of Open Access and a few project.
Ahmedabad will be sharing about their experience.
Srinivas will be in Hyderabad and will share information about data he is making available.

Nisha