Summer School at the new Centre for Data in the Public Purpose at APU

Rajesh Kasturirangan Bangalore

May 9, 2018, 9:16:07 PM5/9/18
to datameet
Hi All,

Azim Premji University (APU) is launching a new Centre for Data in the Public Purpose (CDPP). Broadly, the CDPP is interested in fostering a vibrant data ecosystem for addressing social issues of relevance to India. The CDPP will regularly conduct training workshops and conferences to facilitate informed use of data in the Indian context. Some of these will be of a technical nature (data analysis, computing, visualization, etc.), whereas others will look at the prospects and challenges of using data-centric techniques for addressing social issues in the Indian context.

In this regard, APU will be hosting a "Thinking and Working with Data" workshop on June 11-16, 2018 at our Sompura campus. The June workshop will be the first of its kind and will focus on technical aspects. The workshop is free; participants will be provided free accommodation as well. More details can be found here: http://www.cdpp.in . If you are interested in participating in the workshop, please register here or using the link provided in the CDPP web site. Since this is the first workshop, we would like to restrict the number of participants to ~30 (~15 from APU, ~15 non-APU).

If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this email.

thanks,

Rajesh