How to get data from e department sites

Vartika Sinha

Apr 19, 2017, 4:33:25 AM4/19/17
to datameet
Hello All,

I need some data from an E-department portal. This data is fetched using selection options on the site. It is then displayed onto the maps.

I need the points that are being display on the maps, for an academic project I am working on.

Is it advisable to send out of site multiple (could be in thousands) XHR calls to the site to get the response. If not, then how can I access the data?

Regards,
Vartika

srinivas kodali

Apr 19, 2017, 11:35:21 AM4/19/17
to datameet

Please post the website from which you need data. Each website design is different and no one can tell you how without checking it.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Vartika Sinha

Apr 19, 2017, 11:43:44 AM4/19/17
to datameet
http://45.114.143.92/CMRabiWebService/#/GMapReportTest

I want to use data from this site. I can write JavaScript to get lat long points for all districts mandal and villages. But I don't know if this is allowed. Or how should I get about it.

srinivas kodali

Apr 19, 2017, 1:17:20 PM4/19/17
to datameet
Make GET requests with changing parameters of districts, mandals and other ids. You will find them when you inspect the requests.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Vartika Sinha <sinha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://45.114.143.92/CMRabiWebService/#/GMapReportTest

I want to use data from this site. I can write JavaScript to get lat long points for all districts mandal and villages. But I don't know if this is allowed. Or how should I get about it.

Vartika Sinha

Apr 19, 2017, 9:49:57 PM4/19/17
to datameet
There would be a huge amount of calls. I just wanted to know if it is allowed? Although I will set an interval of around 2 minutes. Is it ok if I use the same IP. I am just concerned about the policies.

srinivas kodali

Apr 19, 2017, 10:31:51 PM4/19/17
to datameet

There are no policies. You can do frequent calls depending on the server response times. I look at that as an indicator whether the calls i make can get the server down.

Considering the response times from this server. I wouldn't think much about it. You won't be doing a DDoS attack to download this data.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com

On Apr 20, 2017 7:19 AM, "Vartika Sinha" <sinha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
There would be a huge amount of calls. I just wanted to know if it is allowed? Although I will set an interval of around 2 minutes. Is it ok if I use the same IP. I am just concerned about the policies.

Vartika Sinha

Apr 20, 2017, 1:24:38 AM4/20/17
to datameet
Thank you for pointing these things out. I will be careful in setting the interval of calls. It should not do anything much. But I thought it is good to be aware of such things. Thanks again!!!