Let's Talk Transport - Meeting update

Suvajit Sengupta

Mar 13, 2015, 12:52:45 AM3/13/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
  Thanks to all who made it for "Let's Talk Transport".

   Thanks to Shaheen to present BBPV for us.
   BBPV is BMTC bus commuter forum who are working for commuter rights and demands. They are on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/bbpvedike

  Our manifesto is Open now for all to review and comment.

  Our next immediate plans :

  1. Finalise the Manifesto
  2. Join interested members to Transport Working Group
  2. Defining the Transit data format.

  Our next event from the Transport Group :

  - 24th March 2015, visit to BMTC Depot to study the process and how they handle their data and manage the process.

 Some photos of the event :

mohit ranjan

Mar 16, 2015, 6:18:37 AM3/16/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Suvajit. This looks interesting.

Got some doubts after going through hackpad and slides.

1. Are we only targeting public transport operators or private also ?

2. May be, we should also add points which highlights incentives for transport operators if they come on-board (playing devil's advocate, "providing real-time data will be costly, why should i invest time/effort")

- Mohit

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

srinivas kodali

Mar 16, 2015, 7:32:53 AM3/16/15
to data...@googlegroups.com

Mohit,

The focus is for now on public transport and to improve efficiency and ridership with open data. Private transport are mostly efficient and free market takes care of innovation, which is not the case in state owned transport agencies.

Regarding realtime data, we are not pushing to implement them yet. We are rather focusing on getting what is available, static data and any GPS data of units which are already in place.

And yes, the agencies will be involved for the dialogue around all of the work.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali