DISE Data

Rajesh D Hanbal

Apr 29, 2016, 6:34:21 AM4/29/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has anybody have any pointers on DISE Data for schools? I am not looking at the data per se, but looking at how the data is generated, who consumes it and its impact on decision-making. Interested in understanding the evolution of this MIS.  I am interested in exploring the the political economy questions. This is for a paper I am working on.

Any leads/articles/contacts will be much useful!

Thanks,
Rajesh

Emmerich Davies

Apr 29, 2016, 11:42:18 PM4/29/16
to datameet
Hi Rajesh,

My sense from talking to people at NUEPA and conferences in which they have discussed the data is that the data is self-reported.  They send out the questionnaire to head teachers at schools recognised by NUEPA every year and then enter the forms they get back.  I believe gov. schools are required to fill it out, but there are strong incentives for unrecognised schools not to.  There might be others on here that have a better sense.

Best,
Emmerich

Sabarish, KSITM

Apr 30, 2016, 4:20:13 AM4/30/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nisha Thompson

Apr 30, 2016, 9:42:10 AM4/30/16
to datameet
Also check the work of Karnataka Learning Partnership

Also ODC last year was on Education please see the videos from the Head of DISE and others

Sajjad and Sanjays talk on DISE
--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org