Ward Wise data for Bangalore - 2011 census?

Kavita Arora

Sep 12, 2012, 9:14:24 AM9/12/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Folks

Does anyone have any idea on how to obtain ward-wise data for Bangalore as part of the 2011 census? I am trying to help a friend source any kind of open datasets or find out who to contact in case they have access to this data.

Any ideas? Leads will be appreciated!

thanks

Kavita

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Balaji Subbaraman <sba...@knoema.com> wrote:

Accident statistics until 2008 available here.

http://mospi.nic.in/Mospi_New/upload/statistical_year_book_2011/SECTOR-6-MISCELLANEOUS%20SECTOR/CH-38%20ACCIDENT%20STATISTICS/Table-38.1.xls

Regards

Balaji

Knoema

+91-897-122-3232

www.knoema.com

http://blog.knoema.com

Sep 12, 2012, 10:09:58 AM9/12/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kavita,

The 2011 data at sub district level is not yet available. Your best bet would be to use the 2001 ward level data with some extrapolation.

Regards,
Pravin

Kavita Arora

Sep 12, 2012, 11:37:41 AM9/12/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pravin (and other datameet members)

Thanks for the tip - would you happen to know the URL for the 2001 ward level data? If it is available online?

Not too sure if the datasets are openly available...

thanks anyways!

kavita

Pravin Carvalho

Sep 13, 2012, 12:04:38 AM9/13/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
You can purchase this data from the census office in New Delhi or even the regional office in Koramangla.

Its strange that the department should charge citizens for access to data that has been collected with taxpayers money!

Thejesh GN

Sep 13, 2012, 2:31:51 AM9/13/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Where in Koramangala?

Pravin Carvalho

Sep 13, 2012, 2:51:46 AM9/13/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Directorate of Census Operations 7th Floor, F Wing, Kendriya Sadan 17th Main Road, II Block Koramangala

Ruralraja

Sep 13, 2012, 2:02:25 PM9/13/12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kavitha,

The ward level data 2011 is not ready as per my knowledge. You need to contact census department for the same. I am not aware of the data you are
looking for, you can also approach blore corporation for it.

I am Raja.D, worked as a data manager with IFMR, I was involved in collecting various district level development data(agriculture, labour, education, crime etc) throughout India. Feel free to contact me for these types of data.

Thanks & Regards
Raja
9962139688

vindhyalakshmi arkalgud

Jan 5, 2017, 6:01:14 AM1/5/17
to datameet
Hello KAvita,

Did you manage to get any ward-level data. IF yes, can you please direct me to the source. the Census website still has very little ward level information.

Kavita Arora

Jan 5, 2017, 6:59:22 AM1/5/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vindhyalakshmi,

I wrote that message a few years ago -- so to be honest I have completely lost track of that request! I believe there are some posts archived on datameet's google group where several people have listed details regarding ward-level data, that too updated versions.

sorry I couldn't be of much help!

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

---

Justin

Jan 5, 2017, 1:43:36 PM1/5/17
to datameet

unknown copyright
unknown metadata

cheers!
bangalore_wards_BBMP.zip

Suvajit Sengupta

Jan 6, 2017, 12:16:23 AM1/6/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did the work of merging Census 2011 population data with 198 wards of BBMP some time back.

The data  ( as CSV, geoJSON & Shapefile ) is available here : https://github.com/suvajit/opendata/tree/master/BBMP/data

Nisha Thompson

Jan 6, 2017, 1:12:53 AM1/6/17
to datameet
You can find Ward Maps here

And also more Bangalore data at Open City
--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org