Need public transport usage data and patterns for Mumbaui

Naveen Rawat

Aug 18, 2016, 3:04:59 AM8/18/16
to datameet
Hi, I am doing research on how Public transport is being used by Mumbai's commuters and what are the patterns across various available modes. I am also looking to understand data on how people from different walks of life are using public transport in Mumbai.

As there is still lack of proper information for commuters.

srinivas kodali

Aug 18, 2016, 3:49:34 AM8/18/16
to datameet
Mumbai has several public transport agencies, Western Railways, Central Railways, Mumbai Metro, Mono Rail, BEST, NMMT, TMT, VVMT, MBMT, KDMT. By far it is one of the complex public transport services with different footfalls in the city. If you are trying to understand all of these agencies file RTIs and you might get some replies.

Only railways has some data on commuter patterns and is available here as a report http://www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in/works/uploads/File/ExecutiveSummarywilber%20FINAL.pdf

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

--