Hyderabad Bus Routes, Realtime ETA API's

srinivas kodali

Apr 29, 2016, 7:34:11 AM4/29/16
to datameet
Here is the list of hyderabad bus routes, stop_id's and real-time API's to source information related to buses. By all means this not even close to perfect dataset, but this is what there is.

There are around 600 buses fitted with GPS devices in hyderabad which constantly push data to tsrtc. Most FAQ's have been answered in the readme file.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
"Not everyone who wanders is lost, I am probably a bit"
Message has been deleted

srinivas kodali

May 7, 2016, 1:16:20 PM5/7/16
to datameet, shanta...@gmail.com

Shantanu,

GTFS is one of the standards. It is evolving & is not the only way to share data. Standards are recommendations and are not bound by the rule of law. You want a 100% compliant dataset, try defining compliance. Cities are not bound by law to release datasets in a particular format.

BMTC dataset was created by me in good faith. What can you do if I share pdf's instead of an inter-operable format. I don't need to share it at all. You want a better one, make your own.

You want a GTFS dataset for Hyderabad, request. Didn't I mention in the mail that it is not a perfect dataset.

Stop being a douche. Nobody is reinventing the wheel, I share raw data which enables anyone to use their own algorithms & standards. Be nice to others or exit the group.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com

On 07-May-2016 8:00 PM, "shantanu oak" <shanta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does this data uses gtfs format?

The General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) defines a common format for public transportation.

It's a good move to publish an API for Expected Time of Arrival. But that information can not be used in meaningful ways unless related data is also available. And if that data is published only in standard (GTFS) format, then we can use available tools to manage it. Do not reinvent the wheel. We need to follow the standards unless we can create our own.
I have not seen a single city in India that has published data as per GTFS standards. Even Bangalore data that I found here ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1RcWLku0ZOWV3ExSkxRU250b3c/view ) is not 100% compliant. The government should make the transport data officially available to public. There is really nothing confidential about it. It is already available on websites, tourist guides in different formats like PDF.

-- Shantanu Oak

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nisha Thompson

May 8, 2016, 4:01:40 AM5/8/16
to datameet, shanta...@gmail.com
Dear All,

I'm shutting down this thread as it is in violation of our discussion rules

Please note we don't tolerate name calling or rude behavior and will be working with the individuals offline to smooth out any misunderstanding.

Nisha
--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org

srinivas kodali

May 8, 2016, 4:55:50 AM5/8/16
to datameet, shantanu oak

I am sorry I posted things which violated the community guidelines and I apologize for it.

The idea of sharing data is to let others join the discussion on how it can be improved. I missed the point not all discussions need to be productive. I shall learn from my mistake and move on.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com