Live elections results dashboards

Harry Stevens

Mar 11, 2017, 7:29:05 AM3/11/17
to datameet
We at HT have some live elections results dashboards. We've got a python code checking eciresults.in, updating a database, and outputting JSON so we can make maps and charts:

I'd be curious to know what other people have done, and how they've done it, so we can determine some best practices for this sort of thing. Please post links to cool stuff you've seen!

- Harry

shantanu choudhary

Mar 11, 2017, 10:55:49 AM3/11/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Harry Stevens
<harryjose...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We at HT have some live elections results dashboards. We've got a python
> code checking eciresults.in, updating a database, and outputting JSON so we
> can make maps and charts:

Just a minor correction, I think you meant checking this site:
http://eciresults.nic.in/
The one you mentioned is something else.
> --
> ---

Regards
Shantanu

Pavan Srinath

Mar 11, 2017, 2:05:35 PM3/11/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic stuff.

Hey folks

Has anyone here scraped the election results for UP from the ECI website? Hope you can share some of the data. :)

Specifically, I'm looking for constituency-wise data on voteshares of the top ~2-3 vote winners in each.

Thanks
Pavan

Regards
Shantanu

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Arun Ganesh

Mar 11, 2017, 10:26:07 PM3/11/17
to datameet

Vikas Argod

Mar 11, 2017, 11:09:42 PM3/11/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Here you go with complete dump of all the results. Every constituency, all the candidates.

Thanks,
Vikas

(sent from my phone)

Vikas Argod

Mar 12, 2017, 12:12:46 AM3/12/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Oops..My bad. Missed attaching.

Thanks,
Vikas

(sent from my phone)
2017 Goa Assembly Results.csv
2017 Manipur Assembly Results.csv
2017 Punjab Assembly Results.csv
2017 UP Assembly Results.csv

Vikas Argod

Mar 12, 2017, 12:19:12 AM3/12/17
to data...@googlegroups.com, Pavan Srinath

Pavan Srinath

Mar 12, 2017, 12:36:42 AM3/12/17
to Vikas Argod, data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a million, Vikas.

Pratap Vardhan

Mar 12, 2017, 12:48:37 AM3/12/17
to datameet
They came out great, Harry. We followed similar approach to poll http://eciresults.nic.in/ and generate csv files for each state.

Details
- We used single responsive page for all 5 states by changing query parameters and views.
- Other states summary sidebar disappears in mobile view.

Feedback is welcome!

Pratap

ravu...@hotmail.com

Mar 14, 2017, 11:36:38 AM3/14/17
to datameet
Hi Partap,
I checked your posted map for Punjab elections results. I think there is a bug somewhere. When I click at the map to see back ground data (such as the constituency name), the map does not match with the actual geography. For example, the name "Abohar" appears far way from the real location of Abohar in Punjab. I wonder if the constituency names in the shapefiles are wrong. I found this by opening the shapefiles in the R software that I routinely use.
Paramjit Gill

Sabarish, KSITM

Mar 14, 2017, 12:12:51 PM3/14/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
In think the Uttarakhand data is the data of UP wrongly posted