data/visualisations on public transport/air pollution in delhi

Aashish Gupta

Mar 30, 2015, 12:21:07 PM3/30/15
to data...@googlegroups.com, Karthik, Kanika Sharma
Dear all,

We have been thinking of starting a campaign around issues of air pollution/public transport in Delhi, and the decision by the Delhi government to scrap the BRT provided the immediate/urgent impetus for that. We are a one day old campaign, but you can follow us on twitter, facebook, or google groups.

We wanted to invite members of the datameet community to contribute visualisations, charts and figures, maps and aricles that they may have written over the years on public transport and air pollution in Delhi.

Obviously, if you want to get involved, we would be thrilled, too. Do let us know. Our next campaign meeting is on Friday, 6 PM.

Thanks.

Warmly
Aashish

--

Aashish Gupta
Research Fellow

Arpita Bhagat

Mar 30, 2015, 11:39:41 PM3/30/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish,

I'd like to know more about what you are planning in this campaign.

-Arpita

Aashish Gupta

Mar 31, 2015, 1:25:31 AM3/31/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arpita,

We hope that campaign activities will emerge from our second meeting which is on Friday at 6 PM. Apart from social media mobilisation, activities include meeting government officials, campaign activities in buses and poor neighborhoods, and posters and parchas on the BRT stretch. We are still not clear on what will happen, but you are invited to the campaign. As you know, Delhi is the most polluted city that humanity has ever lived in, which has pernicious effects on the health and well-being of delhi's residents, particularly infants and young children. We hope to start a public campaign around issues of pollution and public transport using this lever of the BRT.

Please feel free to call me at 9871116763 if you have more questions, or ask here.

Warmly
Aashish

-Arpita

--