[Urgetnt] Invite to the Pre Budget Consultation on Sunday Nov 27th

Nisha Thompson

Nov 21, 2016, 7:12:01 AM11/21/16
to datameet
HI All

We have been invited again to the Pre Budget Consultation IT Group with the Ministry of Finance. I just received the invite for this weekend (consultation is on Sunday). The invite is attached.

We attended last year and gave recommendations.

We will probably give similar ones this year but would like to open it up for more comments.

Please take a look and give your thoughts by Wednesday so we can prepare a document to submit to the Ministry.

NIsha

20161121_171452.jpg

Shree D N

Nov 21, 2016, 7:25:09 AM11/21/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I would like all the decisions taken by the state governments and city councils, resolutions, discussions etc to be online in a searchable centralised database, where people can search and see what decisions were taken in which issue, when, and who discussed what in the assembly or council sessions, or who didn't open their mouth...
This is something that can't happen in a local level without proper nic.in framework and protocol on transcribing and uploading the content online,  and uploading of minutes of meetings etc. Once this is made a policy by the centre as a transparency measure, with sufficient budget for it,  all local bodies and state assemblies would need to comply with it.
Then people can easily search and see what development projects are coming up in their area,  who authorised it,  what was the rationale etc - right now everything is mired in secrecy everywhere and even after multiple RTIs we don't get the required data.
If anyone is attending this consultation,  please raise this issue /lobby for it :) time we made use of some IT in governance and transparency as well. It will also help produce quality journalism across the country.
--Shree

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nisha Thompson

Dec 7, 2016, 12:50:29 AM12/7/16
to datameet
Hello All,

This meeting was postponed to this Saturday if you have any suggestions please give them to me in the next day or so.
--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org

Nisha Thompson

Dec 19, 2016, 3:42:09 AM12/19/16
to datameet
Hey all

The Pre budget consultation meeting went ok. Here is the recommendation document.
RecommendationstoFinanceMinisterPreBudgetMeeting-DataMeet10122016.pdf