15-20 meter contour line shapefiles for Uttarakhand?? Also Land use map if available

Ananya Bhatia

May 3, 2017, 7:29:43 AM5/3/17
to datameet
Please help to access the shapefiles

Craig Dsouza

May 4, 2017, 3:04:07 AM5/4/17
to datameet
Hi Ananya,
I'm not sure if contour line shapefiles are commonly published anywhere.
However DEM raster files (from which you can generate contour lines of any intervals) are available from multiple sources
USGS Earth Explorer (SRTM 1 Arc second Global) : https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
Bhuvan (India's geo-portal for Cartosat DEM) http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/data/download/index.php

Uttarakhand is small enough that you may need only 4-5 raster tiles
Once you have those you can easily derive contour shapefiles from them in QGIS
http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/working_with_terrain.html

Land Use maps are less accessible, you would need to write to Bhuvan for them separately.
What resolution maps are you looking for?

Regards
Craig

Dilip Damle

May 4, 2017, 3:10:29 PM5/4/17
to datameet
Hi,

I can make them for you contact me by email