Meteorological Data for Indian Districts 2010-01-01-00:00 to 2016-12-31-23:00

Sarath Guttikunda

Jan 2, 2017, 1:04:36 PM1/2/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Good evening.

the raw data is from NCEP Reanalysis (http://rda.ucar.edu/datasets/ds083.2/index.html?hash=sfol-wl-/data/ds083.2&g=2), which is processed through WRF (http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/download/get_sources.html) over the Indian Sub-continent at a suitable grid resolution. This is a routine process for most of the dispersion modeling setups. A sample in forecast mode for the next 72 hours is available @ http://www.indiaairquality.info/iaqi-meteo

We had some requests (also on this list) for access to basic meteorological data for the Indian districts. We now have this archived starting from 2010-01-01-00:00 - for all the 640 districts, for every hour, for the following parameters - surface temperature, surface wind speed, surface wind direction, precipitation, and mixing layer height.

I can dump this for all to access and also willing to update it every month to keep the archive going. To the data community on this list, I have two questions

1. size has become an issue. Here is a link to a 10 day file - 12MB+ in csv format. Columns indicate (yyyy,mm,dd,hh,district code, district name, precip, mixing ht, temp, wind speed and wind direction). For seven years, you can do the math. What is the best way to go about this?
http://indiaairquality.info/wp-content/uploads/misc/india_meteo_bydistrict.csv

district name is clubbed with the state's alphabets code for simplicity and testing

2. we can host the big file, that is not a problem. Can somebody help us with creating a dashboard or some sort of visualization, where data for a select district and select period can be shown and also cut to download?

We have some presentations for 1-3 days for pollution by district, which is customized and posted.
http://www.indiaairquality.info/iaqi-tsaq-pm25
But, this met data is larger. Any suggestions on archiving and visualization are appreciated.

With regards,
Sarath