Looking for a developer

Ravi Krishnan

Sep 18, 2017, 4:24:19 AM9/18/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

PlainFacts, Mint’s data journalism team is looking for a developer who can collaborate with the rest of the team to scrape and clean data, and produce both interactive and static visualizations. Candidates with either an engineering or computer science background who have previous experience in data visualization will be preferred.

Key requirements/skills:
Collecting and cleaning data: Web-scraping using R/Python, cleaning using R/OpenRefine/Tabula, knowledge of basic statistics to analyze data
Visualization: Creating interactive charts and maps with Javascript and related libraries such as D3.js and TopoJSON, and familiarity with tools such as Adobe Illustrator and QGIS.
Web Designing: Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Javascript

Interested candidates may send their CV, links to relevant work, and a short cover letter to: pram...@livemint.com

The data journalism work we do is available here: http://www.livemint.com/Query/N18iDPmPzsmBt4a050SPfL/Plain-Facts.html

Thanks and regards,

Ravi

--
Ravi Krishnan

​​Assistant managing editor,
M​​i​​nt
Tower 3, 9th Floor, India Bulls Finance Centre,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (W),
Mumbai - 400 013

Thejesh GN

Sep 18, 2017, 5:57:00 AM9/18/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ravi,

We don't allow job postings on datameet email list. I will remove this post.

You can post on our slack channel.

Regards,
Thej
--