Police Zone Maps for Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi

Rithika

Aug 17, 2016, 1:49:05 AM8/17/16
to datameet
Dear all,

Does anybody have police zone \maps for Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai. If not, do you have any idea where we can get it from. i found some maps ont he Mumbai Police website, any idea where we can get the maps for the other cities? Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rithika

Srravya C

Aug 20, 2016, 12:23:27 AM8/20/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rithika,

I've not come across a map of police zones in Chennai. But you can find the data here - http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/others/police.htm

Cheers,
Srravya

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Srikanth Lakshmanan

Aug 22, 2016, 8:44:01 AM8/22/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Transparent Chennai seems to have done some work on this[1] for Chennai and you can download their kml / shapefiles (incomplete)[2].

Police maps for urban / semi-urban areas are one of its kind as they dont necessarily overlap with other civic boundary types like (municipal corporation wards / localities / assembly constituencies). For rural / districts, police limits mostly coincide with village borders.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Regards