Zonewise Pincode KML files based on Devdatta's data : Work in progress

Dilip Damle

Jan 12, 2018, 9:37:24 AM1/12/18
to datameet
Hello,

I am glad to share this work in progress

Details as below
--------
Zonewise KML Files of postoffices : WORK IN PROGRESS for Datameet review only

This is only partial data and not fully correct

made by by Dilip Damle

Using

1. Postoffice official Data from Data.gov.in from here https://data.gov.in/catalog/all-india-pincode-directory revised 18-Aug-17

2. Data of locations scraped and shared by Devdatta Tengshe on this group

Accuracy : I have rounded off the LAT LON to 3 decimal places which is about 110 M for making the files sizes small.

-------------------
The scraped data was not very clean whereas the Pincode directory was a clean data. Contained  1496322 Records
So I used the Pincode directory as basis and matched the records that matched on the following criteria. Contains 155049 Records

Attempt 1 : Same pincode and same first five characters of location name.

Attempt 2 : Out of the remaining Same pincode and same first three characters of location name. There are some spurious matches here which I know.

Finally matched 116935 Records  Not matched the remaining which may require more cleaning and manual checking.

HENCE THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS.

For limited circulation to the group for checking

No Guarantee of correctness whatsoever.

The all India KML file becomes TOO huge

Dated : 12 Jan 2018

pincode_zonewise_kml.7z