Logo Contest Voting!

Nisha Thompson

May 15, 2014, 2:03:55 AM5/15/14
to datameet
Hey Everyone!

Before March's Open Data Camp we wanted a DataMeet logo and had asked people to contribute some design ideas.

We were expecting maybe 1 or 2 ideas that we would adapt.  But were overwhelmed by how awesome everyone on this list is and received almost 15 or so design ideas!

We really couldn't decide which to pick.  We narrowed it down to 9 of the best designed ones and are putting it up to the group to decide.

We want to keep the logo decision to people on this group. So this is how this going to work.

1) Check out the logos at this link: http://datameet.org/wiki/logocontest
2) Pick the logo you like
3) Each logo has a corresponding number to left of it.

The logo with the most votes wins.  We won't count any votes that are not replies to this thread.

The contest will close on the 20th of May.

Thank you to the designers! Special shoutout to Anand Doshi for designing so many!

We don't have a prize for the designer yet but we will think one up.

We might edit the final logo slightly, but will keep the integrity of the overall design.

Nisha and Thej

--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org

Thejesh GN

May 15, 2014, 2:07:06 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
My vote for 2 and 6

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Gautam John

May 15, 2014, 2:19:38 AM5/15/14
to datameet
5 and 6.

Johnson Chetty

May 15, 2014, 2:19:39 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
On 15 May 2014 11:37, Thejesh GN <i...@thejeshgn.com> wrote:
My vote for 2 and 6

This could be done nicely as options in a poll?
But I think you would have thought about that. :)

I like 6.. :)

--
Regards,
Johnson Chetty

Anand Doshi

May 15, 2014, 2:22:07 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Nisha and Thej :D

I’ve used Pixelmator to make these, but it can export to photoshop too. Let me know if and when you need the files.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.

Ashish Pandey

May 15, 2014, 2:25:55 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
5 & 6

Sajjad Anwar

May 15, 2014, 2:29:30 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
6.
--
Sajjad Anwar http://geohacker.in

Nagarajan M

May 15, 2014, 2:45:00 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

7

Nagarajan M

May 15, 2014, 2:46:23 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

Sorry I misread the no. It is 6.

Chaitanya Sagar

May 15, 2014, 2:46:22 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
My vote to 6

Best,

Chaitanya Sagar

Vaishnavi Jayakumar (Inclusive India)

May 15, 2014, 2:52:59 AM5/15/14
to datameet
9. Hilarious! Needs datameet written underneath somewhere while people puzzle it out! I get the pink-blue but perhaps a more attractive shade of pink and blue may help overall attractiveness. Or use more quirky colours.

5. If it can be made less broad. Captures spirit of datameet perfectly!

Other stuff was very attractive but I guess I'm big on reading meanings into things ;-)

---------------------------------------
VAISHNAVI JAYAKUMAR
http://about.me/vjayakumar

Sreenivas KN

May 15, 2014, 3:04:39 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
irrespective of which font/ design you might choose, also focus on the logo colour. pfa a quick snapshot of the colour emotion guide. there could be more on this subject which designers could also check before finalizing the logo.

if this group is about people and data... then the people part (any thing that connotes this) in the logo is missing

great work. hope this helps. cheers.
2013-01-20-Color_Emotion_Guide22.png

Devdatta Tengshe

May 15, 2014, 4:19:12 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
My vote for 5

Guneet Narula

May 15, 2014, 5:05:23 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
6 & 8

- Guneet

Sabarish, KSITM

May 15, 2014, 5:09:23 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
my vote for 6

Vikram Kamath

May 15, 2014, 5:21:14 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
6 and 9

satyaakam goswami

May 15, 2014, 5:59:32 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thank you to the designers! Special shoutout to Anand Doshi for designing so many!

We don't have a prize for the designer yet but we will think one up.

We might edit the final logo slightly, but will keep the integrity of the overall design.

​My vote is for Number 6 with slight modification of making it bold.​

Prathamesh Murkute

May 15, 2014, 9:41:04 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
mine for 9!

Neependra Khare

May 15, 2014, 10:31:39 AM5/15/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

Thanks

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Regards,
Neependra
www.neependra.net

Nisha Thompson

May 15, 2014, 10:58:24 PM5/15/14
to datameet
i like 3!

and 6
Nisha Thompson
Mobile: 962-061-2245

Gora Mohanty

May 16, 2014, 4:14:34 AM5/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Good job, but almost all seem to have the word "Datameet" in them, IMHO, this does not scale well to when the logo size becomes small.

I vote for 8.

Regards,
Gora

mithila murada

May 16, 2014, 6:13:20 AM5/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
A big shout out to the designers! I see that #6 seems to be a hit amongst the members. I personally like #8 its quite neat and communicates the brand precisely with less fanciness around.

Rasagy

May 16, 2014, 7:38:04 AM5/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
My vote also for 6. I would love to see it in two variants: As a wordmark (the original) and as an icon (Something like {D})

Nice ideas btw! :)
--
Rasagy Sharma
UX Design Intern,

Shanmugam Murugesan

May 17, 2014, 12:58:36 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
I vote for 9.

Regards

Dr. Shanmugam M, PhD., PGDIM., PGDHRM
Scientist
PDP, Rajendranagar,
Hyderabad-500 030, India.
Office:040-24017000
Cell: +91-9866429568

Sridhar Gutam

May 17, 2014, 1:11:48 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
My Vote is for No. 2.

Sridhar

Sridhar Gutam, PhD, ARS
Senior Scientist (Plant Physiology)
ICAR Research Centre for Eastern Region
ICAR Parisar, Bihar Veterinary College Post, Patna 800014
Phone: +91-612-2228805, 2228882, 2223962; Fax: +91-612-2223956
Mobile:+91-9005760036/8005346136
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/sridhar_gutam/

rushabh

May 17, 2014, 1:26:17 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com, jayakumar...@gmail.com, vaishnavi...@inclusiveindia.info
> 9. Hilarious! Needs datameet written underneath somewhere while people puzzle it out! I get the pink-blue but perhaps a more attractive shade of pink and blue may help overall attractiveness. Or use more quirky colours.

Glad you liked it :). The hidden message makes it a bit delightful. I agree about the colours though.

Ganes Kesari

May 17, 2014, 2:09:00 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
My vote is for #2.

Best Regards,
Ganes.

Pratap Vardhan

May 17, 2014, 7:08:56 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
6 and then 2

Regards
Pratap Vardhan

Vijayaraghavan R

May 18, 2014, 8:42:28 AM5/18/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
I'll go for 6 and 8.

I don't understand why one needs a bar graph in the logo. The words 'data' and 'meet' are enough to set the context. I think the logo should be easy to understand. We are here to un-complicate data, why then complicate the logo.

Vijay

Raman Chima

May 19, 2014, 2:12:13 PM5/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
6 and then 2.

Saket Bisani

Vipul Kumar

May 20, 2014, 8:31:41 AM5/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
8

Vijay Mhaskar

May 20, 2014, 8:36:09 AM5/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
6
Vijay Shivaji Mhaskar
Pune, India
+919960072012

Ma-roof M

May 20, 2014, 2:21:46 PM5/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

My vote for 6.

Given a choice, I would change it slightly to have the braces face each other, which would resemble two faces facing each other. Somewhat like the quick dirty mockup attached. Combined with the document D from the logo in 6, D}{ could also make us a good favicon. Something similar is used by superuser.com. Would be easy for quick uses too as it can be formed vt just text. My 2 paise :-).

Kind regards
Mahroof

Screenshots_2014-05-20-23-31-00.png