World map that allows colour code as per preference?

Harveen

Jan 14, 2016, 3:25:36 AM1/14/16
to datameet
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a tool or website that has the political world map and allows you to fill in the countries with different colours as the need may be to indicate different patterns based on specific data. Is there any such tool or website that anyone knows about? It would be a huge help.

Best Regards
Harveen

S Anand

Jan 14, 2016, 3:54:03 AM1/14/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Deshana Desai

Jan 14, 2016, 4:20:39 AM1/14/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

The tableau software is easy to use and has the functionality you need.
An alternative could be https://cartodb.com/

Rajesh Kumar

Jan 14, 2016, 4:33:51 AM1/14/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
You can use Knoema to show case your dataset.

Regards,
Rajesh

Harveen Kour

Jan 14, 2016, 5:27:41 AM1/14/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all very much for these inputs. I will try the different options and hope that they work out :)

Shijith Kunhitty

Jan 15, 2016, 1:02:24 AM1/15/16
to datameet
Also, make sure you get a world map where the Kashmir boundary is done the way the Indian government sees it! -shijith

Dilip Damle

Feb 12, 2016, 12:13:10 AM2/12/16
to datameet
HI,

This has been on my mind for a long time.
This post encouraged me to work on the Idea.
I posted it in an independent thread.

I intend to make more such maps.