License information for data on data.gov.in

Parijat Garg

Aug 17, 2016, 8:44:54 AM8/17/16
to datameet
Hi all,

We're trying to ascertain the license conditions for the data released on data.gov.in. We'd thought that the licensing would be uniform but it appears from the Terms of Use that license rights are specified per data set. However, there does not seem to be any place to look at license terms for individual data sets.

Does anyone have any clarity around this?

Parijat

srinivas kodali

Aug 17, 2016, 9:04:28 AM8/17/16
to datameet
There was a recent draft data license released for all the data from data.gov.in. But it is not notified yet, but it should give you the idea of what it likely will be.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
"Not everyone who wanders is lost, I am probably a bit"

Parijat

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---