[Bangalore] Data Party! Garbage Go! 1000 points down 4000 to go!

Nisha Thompson

Oct 2, 2016, 3:28:40 AM10/2/16
to datameet
Hi Everyone,

Updates from 1 week into the Data Party! Garbage Go! Campaign we have mapped 1000 spots! Over the course of the week 50 people have been mapping garbage spots in their neighborhoods around their home or office.

We really want to reach 5000 data points by the 3rd week of October and I think we can do it! So if we can get 200 people to map 20 spots we will reach our goal.

So if you know there is garbage in your area please download the app and map or take some gps tagged pictures and send them to us.

You can see the full map and zoom into your neighborhood here.

So please if you have some time map some garbage. You can use the app:
Link to Mapunity Groups IOS app:
Link to Mapunity Groups Android app.
See Read more

Or you can take a GPS tagged picture and put it up on Facebook or Twitter with the hastag #garbagego

Or if you want to map with paper Maanya at Mapbox created a tutorial on how to use Field Papers. Which I will be putting up on the blog soon.

I want to thank all the volunteers from last Saturday.
Shree and Meera from Citizen Matters
Nishanth from Mapunity
Maanya and Aarthy from Mapbox in Indiranagar
Nithin in Koramanagala
And basically all of Bellendur who have been mapping for a week.

We will be making all this data available after the campaign is over and will be presenting it to the BBMP and Karnataka Pollution Control Board.

As well as having meetups with community groups around the city with Citizen Matters.

Nisha

--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org

Screenshot_2016-09-30-15-45-28.png

Naveen Gattu

Nov 29, 2016, 9:12:54 PM11/29/16
to data...@googlegroups.com, Shinu Chandran, S Anand, Naveen Gattu
HI -

We are looking for a partner (Individual or firm) who have experience in economic modelling or Global Value Chain experience in line with below description.

Please message or drop a note to anyone marked in CC in this mail. We are working on a short deadline , any responses today would be appreciated.

pasted1

Thanks!

--
Regards,