Plug: Story On Euro 2016 Referees

Shijith Kunhitty

Jun 8, 2016, 2:19:02 AM6/8/16
to datameet
Just thought I'd share a story I did on the referees of Euro 2016. It's a look at the 18 referees going to the football tournament and what their records are when it comes to booking players - how much, how often, how early etc.

Analysed around 5,000 football matches over the past 14 years to come up with the data. The story's called 'Is Carlos Carballo The Most Ruthless Referee At Euro 2016?' and my noob-ish Python code can be seen here. :)

-Shijith

PS: If you or anyone you know is hiring data journalists, get in touch!