Invitation for DataKind Bangalore's first DataDive

Gaurav Godhwani

Mar 12, 2015, 4:01:31 PM3/12/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Data Do-Gooders!

I like to invite you to our very first DataDive

DataDives are weekend-long, marathon-style, events where mission-driven organizations work alongside teams of our volunteer data scientists, developers, and designers to use their data to gain insight into their programs, the communities they serve, and more. Volunteers of all levels of data science - from beginners to experts are welcomed to enhance their skills, network, build community, and see how they can use their skills for good!

Our non-profit partners for this DataDive are: Teach For India, Digital Green and Janaagraha (iChangeMyCity). These organizations have talked about their high-impact work and discussed their data challenges with us in our Project Accelerator Night (PAN), also we have wrangled and cleansed their datasets in our action packed DataJam

Note: Do remember to bring your Laptops

Timings:
March 21 - 22, 2015 (Sat-Sun) 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Venue:
Apigee, 17/2, 3rd Floor 2nd B Cross, Off. 80 Ft. Road, 7th A Main Road, Koramangala 3rd Block, Bangalore (http://goo.gl/GM3FKX)

Regards,
Gaurav Godhwani,
DataKind Bangalore

Gautham Ravichander

Mar 13, 2015, 12:59:57 AM3/13/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Are the insights from these sessions going to be shared on the forum? Would be interesting for those of us in other cities.

Best,

Gautham Ravichander

+91-9999110437

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Robert A. Heinlein

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Gaurav Godhwani

Mar 13, 2015, 6:03:26 AM3/13/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gautham,

I will share the hackpads post the event in the same thread!

Regards,
Gaurav