India Taluk Shapefile

Justin Meyers

Jul 2, 2014, 10:09:53 AM7/2/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Created using QGIS and ArcGIS.  Polygons need to be cleaned up (So I attached a point file with more details).  I am not certain of the year of this data (most likely 2001, potentially before).  Scale is 1:250,000.

#OPENINDIA

I have tried to reach out to numerous government agencies, but they do not respond to e-mails.  They do not want to help (or cannot).  I have suggested for data to be open at data.gov.in

https://app.box.com/s/1c8sa9df8312e2qm0xug

Justin Meyers

Jul 2, 2014, 10:19:20 AM7/2/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
additional shapefiles from Indian Government: http://gisserver.civil.iitd.ac.in/grbmp/iitg.htm

limited to northern part of nation, but any additional data from the government is welcome :)

satyaakam goswami

Jul 2, 2014, 1:49:30 PM7/2/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

I have tried to reach out to numerous government agencies, b
​​
ut they do not respond to e-mails.  They do not want to help (or cannot).  I have suggested for data to be open at data.gov.in

even after suggestions they do not act untill we have around 50  votes on any suggested dataset , they start pursuing it once they get around 50 votes , so i suggest the  least we can do is people who are on this platform can upvote datasets of there interests as well as suggestions by datameeters.

-Satya