[Bangalore] Open Data Camp 2015 - Education Edition

Nisha Thompson

Mar 24, 2015, 4:06:57 AM3/24/15
to datameet
Hey All,

For our upcoming 4th Bangalore Open Data Camp we are taking a deep dive into Education.

We are happy to have two new sponsors: Akshara Foundation and Gramaner - Thank you for your support we could not have this great event without them!

We are also really happy to announce our Keynote Speaker

Prof. Rajaram S. Sharma

Prof. Rajaram S. Sharma heads the Central Institute of Educational Technology of the NCERT. You can see is bio below.

His talk is titled "NROER - a plugin into the school system; opportunities for open data enthusiasts " He will also be bringing some data with him!! ;)

We are incredibly excited to welcome him to talk to us. Please register today!

http://odc.datameet.org/odcblr2015#register

We also need volunteers and a few more sponsors so please email Thej or I if you want to help out!

Nisha

Prof. Rajaram Sharma's bio:

He leads initiatives in exploring appropriate applications of ICT in education, including radio and television, audio and video, web and interactive multimedia applications. He is closely associated with the implementation of the National Policy of ICT in School Education, particularly the development of a National Repository of Open Education Resources and a curriculum which aims at enabling teachers and students in meaningfully using ICT to enhance their capacities to learn.

In a career in education, spanning over twenty five years, he has been a teacher, teacher educator, trainer and researcher, exploring active methods of learning, helping childen become independent learners, enhancing teachers competency and capacity for innovation, and helping school systems explore appropriate ICT to reach out and bridge divides. He champions the Creative Commons and Free and Open Source Software applications.

--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org