ML India Bangalore chapter | Fourth meetup - Guest speaker from Xerox Research

Nishank Varshney

Jun 16, 2016, 7:48:45 AM6/16/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
ML-India is pleased to inform that the fourth ML-India meetup, for the Bangalore chapter, was held on 28th May, 2016.

Read about it here.

They had a guest speaker -  Arijit Biswas, research scientist at Xerox Research Centre India (XRCI), who talked about the motivation behind Deep Learning. He took them through the basics of Neural Network and its' different applications. He also presented his is present work on Multimodal Deep Learning at Xerox.

The slide deck can be found here.

The participation, response and feedback from the participants was very encouraging! The participants were very active and some of them who are using these concepts in their corporate projects had a lot of questions. We’ll keep up with having such engaging meetups on ML, and having researchers and practitioners involved in ML to discuss their work and insights.

We urge other members in the Bangalore region to join/contribute in these meetups and help spread the word. Please feel free to write to Sritulasi [email] to see how you can specifically engage in this initiative. Special thanks to Sunny for volunteering to host the meetup this time around.

If you are interested in organizing a similar meetup in your city, please write to us and we'll help get you going.

Stay tuned!

Nishank Varshney

Research blog: Learn more about what we do
ASSESS 2015: Our annual international workshop on data-driven assessments
Data science for kids: Our fun initiative to teach kids data science