Fwd: Continuing the Maharashtra Village mapping exercise

Nikhil VJ

Dec 7, 2016, 8:36:34 PM12/7/16
to datameet
Just copying here in case there's folks in Pune not on the Pune chapter's list. We're meeting up this Saturday. Pls see details below and write back to Craig on pu...@datameet.org to RSVP (venue is a corporate office so list of participants needs to be shared with them in advance).

--
Cheers,
Nikhil

Dec 8, 2016, 3:34:15 PM12/8/16
to datameet
The shapefile looks great! Was just inspecting it and made a quick browsable map for others curious to explore the data [1].

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nikhil VJ

Dec 10, 2016, 12:19:43 AM12/10/16
to datameet
Hi Arun,

Thanks! I hadn't looked into the possibility of mapbox holding and showing the large amount of data. It wasn't possible with carto. Do you think this could be taken further.. like showing the metadata on mouse-over?

Could you share which version of the shapefile have you used : the v1, v2 or v2w2? If confused, just share the link from where you downloaded it.

Nikhil VJ

Dec 10, 2016, 3:47:20 AM12/10/16
to datameet
Hi Friends,

We're live: http://youtu.be/_w1De4KqshI

On 12/10/16, Nikhil VJ <nikh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> Thanks! I hadn't looked into the possibility of mapbox holding and showing
> the large amount of data. It wasn't possible with carto. Do you think this
> could be taken further.. like showing the metadata on mouse-over?
>
> Could you share which version of the shapefile have you used : the v1, v2
> or v2w2? If confused, just share the link from where you downloaded it.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Nikhil
> +91-966-583-1250
> Pune, India
> Self-designed learner at Swaraj University
> <http://www.swarajuniversity.org>
> Blog <http://nikhilsheth.blogspot.in> | Contribute
> <https://www.payumoney.com/webfronts/#/index/NikhilVJ>

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Arun Ganesh <arung...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The shapefile looks great! Was just inspecting it and made a quick
>> browsable map for others curious to explore the data [1].
>>
>> [1] https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/planemad/ciwgs6y0v00dn2
>> pmqlnhd8fuo.html?fresh=true&title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ
>> 1IjoicGxhbmVtYWQiLCJhIjoiemdYSVVLRSJ9.g3lbg_eN0kztmsfIPxa9MQ
>> #7.13/18.874/74.447
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Nikhil VJ <nikh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just copying here in case there's folks in Pune not on the Pune
>>> chapter's
>>> list. We're meeting up this Saturday. Pls see details below and write
>>> back
>>> to Craig on pu...@datameet.org to RSVP (venue is a corporate office so
>>> list of participants needs to be shared with them in advance).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nikhil
>>> +91-966-583-1250
>>> Pune, India
>>> Self-designed learner at Swaraj University
>>> <http://www.swarajuniversity.o
>>> rg>
>>> Blog <http://nikhilsheth.blogspot.in> | Contribute
>>> <https://www.payumoney.com/webfronts/#/index/NikhilVJ>

Arun Ganesh

Dec 10, 2016, 5:22:02 AM12/10/16
to datameet
Nikhil, i've made a simple data explorer when you click the boundaries https://publicmap.github.io/bites/maharashtra-villages/#9.97/18.5358/73.8980

The data used is v2w2 i think. I did some name matching in QGIS to filter out the urban boundaries (M Corp, M Cl, M C, CT) which are highlighted differently.