Delhi GPS Data of Buses and Autorickshaws

srinivas kodali

Jan 9, 2016, 3:37:09 AM1/9/16
to datameet, OpenStreetMap in India, bangaloreres...@googlegroups.com, urbanst...@mail.sarai.net
To all the researchers and data enthusiats,

My long pending data release. Here is the GPS data of buses and autorickshaws in Delhi. The blog post has some inner details of who is collecting the information and why?

This is not the complete data, but this is good for anyone trying to understand and do research on delhi transport network.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
"Not everyone who wanders is lost, I am probably a bit"

Johnson Chetty

Jan 9, 2016, 4:15:30 AM1/9/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

This is sweet! Great stuff Srini!

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

William F. Stafford, Jr.

Mar 3, 2016, 11:55:18 AM3/3/16
to datameet, OpenStreetMap in India
Dear All,

I am wondering if there are some people in Delhi who want to do some work on this data, especially looking at how to link it up with the various data available on permits, etc. from Transport Department and DIMTS, visualisations and discussions on what they show and do not show, etc.?

Best,

William

Sarath Guttikunda

Mar 3, 2016, 1:24:39 PM3/3/16
to data...@googlegroups.com, OpenStreetMap in India
Good evening.

We made a run with a couple of GPS units on cars, 2ws, and 3ws (we these three, runs were conducted at least once a week, for a year, covering ~3000km per mode on all possible roads), and managed to get two weeks of data from all the buses (courtesy of DIMTS). Objective was to look at how often the vehicles are under 4 km per hour, equivalent to walking rate, and start counting the idling times. The new 3Ws are now equipped with the GPS units and even some of the private cars. I am sure, pooling in of these databases can provided how fast or how slow is the city moving at various hours.

With regards,
Sarath

--
Dr. Sarath Guttikunda