facilities for Patna (Bihar)

Amit Agarwal

Jul 28, 2017, 8:59:12 AM7/28/17
to datameet
Hello everyone,

nice to see a group like this. I am a research assistant at Technische Universität Berlin. I am doing a study to estimate the accessibilities for Patna. Open street map does not have efficient information about the facilities for which accessibilities can be computed. Therefore, I would like to ask if there exist a database for facilities (educational, leisure, shopping etc.).

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Amit

————————
Dr. Amit Agarwal
Research Associate

Transport Systems Planning and Transport Telematics
Technische Universität Berlin
Salzufer 17-19, D-10587 Berlin, Germany

nishadh

Aug 1, 2017, 6:44:57 AM8/1/17
to datameet
Hi,

Try Google places API, it is free and has good coverage for India. In the API, different amenities are grouped under types and can be used specifically for querying the needed facilities , https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/supported_types. There is a Python based library to use this API, https://github.com/slimkrazy/python-google-places.

Regards,
Nishadh.K.A.
Research Associate

Amit Agarwal