Talk: The Right to Information, The Right to Knowledge 15 Oct, BLR

srinivas kodali

Oct 6, 2017, 2:39:23 AM10/6/17
to datameet

Sam Pitroda and Carl Malamud will talk about their efforts in India, the U.S., and many other countries to help promote universal access to knowledge. They'll discuss the constitutional underpinnings of this right in India and some of the information they've been making available, including 3 lakh books from the Digital Library of India, 19,000 official standards from the Bureau of Indian Standards, and a raft of other resources such as the entire Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi.

They will discuss how key laws such as the Right to Information make this possible but will focus more on how the world of open source and the Internet can turn that promise into a reality. Universal access to knowledge is the great unmet promise of our times, and they will talk about what we can all do to make this dream possible.

Register here
https://geekup.in/2017/right-to-information-and-knowledge

Time & Date: 15.00 - 16.45, 15 Oct

Location:
NUMA
Cobalt Building, 46/1, Church Street, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

srinivas kodali

Oct 14, 2017, 5:16:23 AM10/14/17
to datameet
Just a reminder mail for people haven't registered and want to attend the event tomorrow.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali