Event: OpenStreetMap for Civic Engagement (Talk) & Mapping Rural Roads (Workshop) - Datameet Pune

Craig Dsouza

Nov 20, 2017, 6:26:27 AM11/20/17
to datameet
Hi all,
The Datameet Pune chapter is keen on working towards improving OpenStreetMap (OSM) in rural areas.
We've organized a talk/workshop on the 25th of Nov, Saturday to discuss the applications of OSM in civic engagement and then learn to contribute to OSM through the 'Mapping Rural Roads' project.

Do join!

Venue: The Daftar 2.0, Baner Road, Pune

11 - 11.15 am
Personal Introductions and About Datameet

11.15 - 11.45 am (on Google Hangouts - link will be shared later)
Talk by Kshitiz Khanal (Kathmandu Living Labs) - 'Applying OSM data in the context of Disaster Resilience and Civic Engagement'

11.45 - 1.15 pm (will not be webcast)
We will learn to map roads connecting villages in Pune District, to improve the coverage of the map in rural areas. You can preview the Event here and even begin mapping before the event.

Follow along with this link to see your progress (after saving your work with the tag #rural-roads)

What to bring:
Please bring along your Laptop
Install Google Chrome and the plugin for Google Hangouts for the initial talk.
Preferably, create a login id for openstreetmap.org before coming if you do not have one

Please RSVP with a reply to pu...@datameet.org if you will attend in person
The venue has a limit of 15 persons hence admission is on a first come basis

Best
Craig

Craig Dsouza

Nov 20, 2017, 7:14:35 AM11/20/17
to datameet
For those who want to get an early start this is a Mapping Walkthrough we prepared
Happy Mapping!