[Delhi] New Organising Team and Data Workshop for Students

de...@datameet.org

Feb 4, 2015, 4:52:33 AM2/4/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We had a very energising planning workshop last week. Nisha will soon share the notes from our discussion, but let us quickly announce two things and flag two others.

Announcements:

1. We have a new organising team to co-ordinate and co-organise our activities in Delhi! A big cheer to welcome Isha Parihar, Guneet Narula, and Praachi Misra :)

2. We decided to develop and deliver a series of workshops for Delhi University students on effectively using and communicating data. The initiative will be taken by a group of Delhi chapter members led by Ravi Suhag and A Krishna Prasanth. To collaborate with Ravi and Krishna to develop these workshops, please connect to them through email -- <suhag...@gmail.com> and <akrishna...@gmail.com>.

Flags:

1. We would like to start conversing with startups and data-driven companies located in Delhi on topics related to open (government and non-government) data. This will be discussed in details in one of our future meetings. If you would like to lead these conversations, please let us know.

2. We are also looking forward to having wider interactions with government officials (especially with Central Government and Delhi Government ones) on open data issues. This too will be discussed in one of the future meetings.

Very bests,

Organising Team
DataMeet, Delhi Chapter
http://datameet.org/chapters/delhi/

Nisha Thompson

Feb 12, 2015, 3:13:39 AM2/12/15
to datameet
It was a great meeting! Thanks all for your energy and general awesomeness!

I have put the notes up on teh blog

Please add anything I missed in the comments

Nisha

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---