Need help - Polling Booth Data

Thejesh GN

Jun 10, 2018, 5:19:40 AM6/10/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
There is polling booth data including polling booth area maps for Karnataka at

Example:

I found it today.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Nikhil VJ

Jun 13, 2018, 11:58:04 PM6/13/18
to datameet
Hi Thej,

Could you break it down to a to-do list, or detail any structure in the data you have seen?

The page's console log itself is sharing a lot of the data being loaded :)
Anyone know a way to capture stuff from the browser console?

The area boundaries seem to be loading in a different projection system than lat-longs, but I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is boundary data only or something else.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nikhil VJ

Jun 14, 2018, 1:53:29 AM6/14/18
to datameet
Hi Thej,

Here's a scrape of whatever was coming in the browser console and network XHR tabs and the json responses. One can take the API parameters and loop them through all constituencies.

(unzip it to get a .md markdown format doc.. sublimeText editor should display it nicely)

Most of the file's size is due to a photo coming in as base64 string. Else rest is simple jsons.

Data points I could glean:
winning candidates details, votes
all candidates details, votes
constituency stats
and more

I recorded first 10-odd api calls' requests and responses, but stopped after that and just did a copy of all requests as curls.
Interacting more with the page might have yielded more responses but I didn't do that for now.

There was a large JSON object from arcgis but I couldn't make out if it was carrying location info or not. As mentioned earlier, could not find lat-long type values but there were other numbers and it might be in a different projection system. It's there in the attachment if someone versed with arcgis wants to take a look.

Hope this helps. As I don't understand further I won't be able to go further on this myself. All the best!

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ
+91-966-583-1250
Pune, India
Website <http://nikhilvj.co.in>
DataMeet Pune chapter <https://datameet-pune.github.io/>
Self-designed learner at Swaraj University <http://www.swarajuniversity.org>

kgis-assembly-network.md.7z

Justin

Jun 15, 2018, 10:38:05 AM6/15/18
to datameet
do you need the data? or what files do you want? district results, or polling locations?

cheers

Thejesh GN

Jun 24, 2018, 8:56:00 PM6/24/18
to datameet
Thank you Nikhil and Dev. I have some time later this week. I will work on it.

Justin:
- Polling locations and they also have polling booth area. I am looking for both.