Is Aadhaar number and personal information a public asset?

Pratap Vardhan

Apr 12, 2017, 2:40:13 AM4/12/17
to datameet
This might be discussed earlier. Bouncing it up again. I noticed couple of state government portals, for welfare scheme enrollment is releasing information (Name, Age, Caste, AadhaarNo, BankNo, MobileNo) - is there any laid out framework/clarity as to, what personal details can be public and not?

Regards,
Pratap

srinivas kodali

Apr 12, 2017, 3:32:55 AM4/12/17
to datameet
This information cannot be made public. I have been reporting several of these websites to be taken down. If you can send a mail off the thread, will help with bringing down these portals.

Publication of this information is punishable under the Aadhaar Act and also under the IT Act, but rarely any of these govt. employees or private players implementing these govt. websites get punished. If people want to work on fixing this, an earlier thread about ministry of statistics bringing up a framework how statistics should be published is a great step to work with the government.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sibi Kanagaraj

Apr 16, 2017, 4:59:11 AM4/16/17
to data...@googlegroups.com

//
Publication of this information is punishable under the Aadhaar Act and also under the IT Act, but rarely any of these govt. employees or private players implementing these govt. websites get punished.

Could you please let me know the exact provisions ?

-Sibi

Kedar Annam

Apr 16, 2017, 7:05:53 AM4/16/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
can you tell me on which website such details are available.

which website are share such sensitive information.

Warm Regards,

Kedar Annam

+91-8898573468
Public Policy Student | St. Xavier’s College
Climate Leader | The Climate Reality Project
Program Officer-Community Investment | United Way Mumbai

“Everyone You Meet has something Valuable to Teach You”.

srinivas kodali

Apr 16, 2017, 7:42:13 AM4/16/17
to datameet

Section 29, clause 4 of Aadhaar Act doesn't allow publishing of Aadhaar numbers.

I would not recommend anyone posting active websites publishing details on this public forum.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com