Demollition of Storm Water Drains in Bangalore

Tejas AP

Aug 19, 2016, 9:42:43 AM8/19/16
to datameet
A series of articles about the recent city-wide demolition drive initiated by the BBMP against encroachments on storm water drains (SWD) will be published by the excellent Citizen Matters. I look forward to their analysis of the historic nature of such encroachments, lack of/misinformation (for civic agencies and citizens, both), administrative issues, gaps in processes, and corruption.

Provided below is the first piece from the series:

http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/articles/bbmp-checks-no-village-maps-or-master-plan-while-sanctioning-plans

Meera

Aug 21, 2016, 2:09:18 AM8/21/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tejas, feedback welcome.

Also need help: on this whole SWD, lake issue-- there is a lot of data out there as well as what we are sitting on. We need a volunteer to figure out the best way to organise and make sense of it.

If you can spend some time on this the next two weeks, please mail me at mee...@oorvani.in.

Thanks in advance!

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Arun Ganesh

Aug 21, 2016, 4:09:03 AM8/21/16
to datameet
Sharing a few crowdsourced map resources resources:

Alignment of existing waterbodies and drains on the ground http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/hVw

Missing data can be added/updated here: http://osm.org/go/yy4doZY

--
Arun Ganesh