[Group Business] We need a logo for datameet ..help

Thejesh GN

Mar 16, 2014, 12:59:07 PM3/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
We need a logo for DataMeet. Can someone on the group help us with that? It would be great if we have one by this weekend, so we can announce at ODC.

Let me know.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Anand Doshi

Mar 16, 2014, 4:30:16 PM3/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thej,

How's this? Do you have any colour scheme in mind?

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.

--
For more details about this list
http://datameet.org/discussions/

data-meet-logo.jpg

Nisha Thompson

Mar 18, 2014, 5:10:26 AM3/18/14
to datameet
I actually like this concept....

I have no color schemes in mind though...
--
Nisha Thompson
Mobile: 962-061-2245

Anand Doshi

Mar 18, 2014, 1:52:35 PM3/18/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
A simpler concept. A comment bubble with a line graph: signifies communication of visual data.

Comments?

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
datameet.jpg

Nagarajan M

Mar 18, 2014, 2:01:52 PM3/18/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
This is simple and catchy.

With Best Regards,

Nagarajan M,  IAS
District Development Officer
Himmatnagar
District Sabarkantha
Gujarat
M : 099132 71733

Sridhar Gutam

Mar 18, 2014, 8:55:01 PM3/18/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

Very nice. Liked it very much.
Sridhar Gutam

rushabh

Mar 19, 2014, 1:02:36 AM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Nice :)  but something seems missing.

Flattify the comment (or just use the border)...

The text could also use some embellishment, maybe bold the "data" of datameet? datameet

rajesh

Mar 19, 2014, 1:05:06 AM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Nice! A suggestion regarding the word 'meet' : maybe have 3 bubbles with a different graph in each (line, bar, map (for example)).

Cheers,
Rajesh

Thejesh GN

Mar 19, 2014, 5:19:51 AM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
I would also love to try different fonts. Checking now  http://typecast.com/

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Anand Doshi

Mar 19, 2014, 10:00:17 AM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

@rushabh. I have included your suggestions.

@rajesh. I am unable to think of a good way to preset 3 bubbles. IMO, simplicity would foster quicker recognition of the logo.

@thejesh. typecast seems to have paid fonts. I have used Raleway, which is a google webfont, freely available. Do you have any specific suggestion?

PFA the updated design.

Thanks,
Anand.

datameet-yellow.jpg

Nisha Thompson

Mar 19, 2014, 10:09:22 AM3/19/14
to datameet
Ooo I like it's simplicity.

I'm not a fan of that yellow.  Maybe more orange?

Maybe put the whole thing in the bubble.

I like the idea of the graph being the M...but maybe that's too much.

Kavita Arora

Mar 19, 2014, 12:07:56 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
not that it might matter - since everyone has more or less agreed on the above said logo...but i've attached my potential bid for one to this email. i'm not in love with every bit of it -- but this is the kind of idea I had when I was thinking of datameet. comments and suggestions welcome. I can pass on the original .psd file as well in case anyone wants to further tweak it.
datameet_potentialLogo.png

Thejesh GN

Mar 19, 2014, 12:57:36 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
I actually like it. Just one suggestion as of now it looks like hearts (which is not a bad idea). But can we make it more like comment bubbles. I like the concept of more than one speech bubble. it says there is more than one conversation.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Anand Doshi

Mar 19, 2014, 1:21:13 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

A few more samples based on suggestions.

@Kavita. I am just shooting ideas. I think they are yet to agree on what it should be.

@Nisha. Orange one based on your suggestion.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
datameet-inside-bubble.jpg
datameet-orange.jpg
datameet-red.jpg

Anand Doshi

Mar 19, 2014, 2:04:30 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
One more

-Anand.
datameet-2.png

Thejesh GN

Mar 19, 2014, 2:06:56 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
True. Anand, we haven't decided yet. As such there is no urgency. But it will be fun to have by weekend :)

@kavita please keep them sending.

More the better.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Anand Doshi

Mar 19, 2014, 2:18:14 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
I think this one will look good as a website header.

Thanks,
Anand.
datameet-3.png

rajesh

Mar 19, 2014, 10:20:38 PM3/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
+1 (to the 2 bubbles, though the website header seems a little frowny at first glance)
and to confuse the issue
+1 (to Kavita's since it does show 2 and also evolution and progress and meeting in the cloud)

now, its all good (and even great) choices, can't go wrong! :)

-rajesh

sumandro

Mar 20, 2014, 6:09:54 AM3/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Please find attached some rather minimal attempts. Perhaps too minimal.

The flower brackets (or braces) refer to both the act of bringing/coming together and a JSON object :)

The font is Nixie One from Google Font and the document icon is from Noun Project.

Bests,

sumandro
ajantriks.net
sumandro_datameet_logo_01a.png
sumandro_datameet_logo_01b.png
sumandro_datameet_logo_01c.png

Anand Doshi

Mar 20, 2014, 8:28:06 AM3/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sumandro,

Looks great :) I like the 2nd one.

-Anand.

Raghu S

Mar 20, 2014, 9:04:56 AM3/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thej,

Here the logo for Data Meet,

The logo :  The box is looks like D and in that box there is orange design looks like M and also it looks like two flowers.

I can you provide PSD for this logo, If you have any further changes require I can do.

Thejesh GN

Mar 26, 2014, 12:20:37 AM3/26/14
to data...@googlegroups.com

designers.. ..designers.. designers... :)

Can we have se more logos please.

End of this month we can have voting on the logos and pick a winner, until then please send some more entries.. ..

--
Thejesh GN ⏚ ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Anand Doshi

Mar 29, 2014, 2:16:01 AM3/29/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Logo Concept: Data Meet as a bridge from raw data to useful information.

See the attached file.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
data-meet-transition-4.png

Rushabh Mehta

Mar 29, 2014, 5:10:06 AM3/29/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
One more :)

—

@rushabh_mehta
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "datameet" group.

datameet.png