Need help with Text Analysis

Megha Vishwanath

Jan 17, 2017, 10:35:03 AM1/17/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I work with Akshara Foundation and I was looking for some help with analyzing a chunk of text.

Context:
Government schools have monthly meetings with all stakeholders and we've collected a whole lot of minutes on what gets discussed in these meetings, the gut feel being - learning is usually not the focus of the committee. And if we can visualize the discussions to show at these meetings and advocate a change in the nature of discussions, this exercise would be a success

I'm attaching a sample file here (may not be significant in size, but I can extract a whole lot more from the PDFs the team on the ground has collected). I thought it'd be good to tap on some collective expertise and would like some tips on what's the best approach to text analysis.

If anyone is up for volunteering to help us with this, please do write to me also.

Warm Regards,
Megha

Sample_MOM_Kustagi.xlsx

Palash Kulshrestha

Jan 19, 2017, 11:40:42 AM1/19/17
to datameet
Hi Megha
Thanks for the great work that you and the Akshara team is doing.

I would like to volunteer for the task . From what I understand is that you are trying to visualise what is the overall trend in the meeting minutes. What sentiment prevails during the meeting discussions so as to have better align the meetings agenda.

To  be honest I don't have much experience in this type of mining but one can always learn.