White Paper on Data Protection framework for India - Public Comments invited White Paper on Data Protection framework for India - Public Comments invited

Thejesh GN

Nov 28, 2017, 9:41:18 AM11/28/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Please read and do send your comments

http://meity.gov.in/white-paper-data-protection-framework-india-public-comments-invited

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com
GPG ID :  0xBFFC8DD3C06DD6B0

srinivas kodali

Dec 17, 2017, 9:29:08 PM12/17/17
to datameet
We will need to reply to the whitepaper. Some of the major concerns I have with the paper are penalties on data publications. Some of the work members of Datameet do on opening up government data is important, the challenge however is if new data laws will be used to threaten anyone from downloading and sharing of opendata.

There is a chapter on exemptions to people whose work involves data like journalists, academics. I think the exemptions need to be made for data-sets by classifying them to any individual and not few people in a society. Anyone should be allowed to download, share and use public data.

While there are lot of others issues like redaction of sensitive information in public records which needs to be highlighted, as we do find lot of information in court documents and First Information Reports.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

srinivas kodali

Dec 18, 2017, 4:10:27 AM12/18/17
to datameet
Submission deadline extended to Jan 31st 2018

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

Thejesh GN

Dec 20, 2017, 12:08:13 AM12/20/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I have a public google document for adding the comments. Please contribute

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z_e16-qbTt1gQxpRm9r9ePXyQcVs_1wEPJba1ygXrsk/edit?usp=sharing

Note to contributors:

  1. This will be an official response from the community.

  2. Document is public read and comment

  3. But only some can edit. Send a request for EDIT to th...@datameet.org. Since this is only to control spam. Everyone who requests will get access.

  4. Add your real name at the end to the contributors section, if you like. It’s not compulsory.

  5. RFC Page: http://meity.gov.in/white-paper-data-protection-framework-india-public-comments-invited

  6. Whilte paper (PDF) http://meity.gov.in/writereaddata/files/white_paper_on_data_protection_in_india_18122017_final_v2.1.pdf

  7. Follow the table template (It’s suggested by Meity)

  8. Last date for submission is 31st January 2018. We will stop adding to this on 20th Jan and start editing from then.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Thejesh GN

Dec 20, 2017, 12:13:18 AM12/20/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
And if you don't want to signup using Google id then reply to this thread in the format. I will add it to the document.

Part No.:

Chapter No.:

Question No.:

Comments/Views:

General Comments/Views on this Chapter:

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Craig Dsouza

Jan 20, 2018, 12:31:30 AM1/20/18
to datameet
Hey Thej,
We had an open forum discussion on this at DM Pune yesterday.
Have compiled points from the session and we may be meeting again tomorrow in a smaller group to add more.
Can we keep the doc open till Tue/Wed for submissions?

Thejesh GN

Jan 20, 2018, 9:22:41 AM1/20/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Sure. We can keep it open till friday (26th).

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Craig Dsouza

Jan 26, 2018, 7:55:42 PM1/26/18
to datameet
Added comments from DM Pune, have a look

Best
Craig
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to datameet+u...@googlegroups.com.

Thejesh GN

Jan 27, 2018, 1:57:36 AM1/27/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I intend to submit DataMeet comments on Tuesday.

I will start editing for format and flow tomorrow

Please do add your comments or notes today.

Regards,
Thej
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to datameet+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Thejesh GN

Jan 30, 2018, 8:26:39 AM1/30/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
I have started editing. But you still have time today to add comments to the main document. Please go ahead and add. Tomorrow is the last day and we have to submit it.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com