India Pincodes :Digging Deeper, 29720 civilian pincodes unearthed

Dilip Damle

Jul 11, 2014, 6:01:00 AM7/11/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all,

This was pending for a long time.
I was trying to dig fro pincodes from various sources.
Ultimately I have put it together.

WARNING :
This is a semi cleaned data gathered from multiple sources, I have no way to confirm the Authenticity, completeness and accuracy.
I am sharing the the data for further work not for end usage.

Copyright : I am not sure. I have indicated the sources, I presume that since the Pincodes are a FACT and should not be covered by any copyright.

About sources
These are the 6 sources I have used

1-Data.gov.in All india_pincode_CSV
2-Machwan.com
3-Indiapost Pinsearch
6-Do not remember

I have combined the sources in the above order what ever was not available in 1 is added from 2 and so on

Will write more detailed readme later.

Again this is a SEMI FINISHED DATA for working use by others

Regards
Dilip Damle
(New Delhi)

pincodes.7z

Dilip Damle

Aug 20, 2014, 1:44:33 PM8/20/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
hello,

Since there is a geoblr meet on Pincodes I am attaching the raw data used make the above data.

I have not included the already directly downloadable sources like data.gov.in
This is mostly screaped and downloaded data from other sources.

I am not clear about the Copyright status hence please do not share it elsewhere.

IMPORTANT : This not complete data available from the sources nor very clean

Rgds
Dilip Damle
(New Delhi)
bharati_telecom.7z