Open weather data (Bangalore Information Airspace)

Sharath Chandra Ram

Apr 16, 2014, 4:48:04 PM4/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

Attached alongside is a recording I made at 128.250 Mhz, by tuning into the Bangalore International Airport, real time weather sensor data, on April13th, 2014 !
It is evident that there is text to speech conversion, and therefore this could be easily converted back to text using temporal markers in the code and coupling it to a library like Sphinx.

My question is , how valuable this is effort to pursue, considering we do have real time weather data like Accuweather et al?  (although I am guessing other services are quite macro, and we cannot plot a high resolution time series)

Have fun listening to the attachment and you will find ---  temperature, cloud scatter height, visibility, wind speed and humidity.

I am not attaching other content like pilot chats that I've documented, because it was not part of my research intent and were purely coincidental  and it is something that could raise a lot of eyebrows especially since datameet is a public list. But again considering the missing MH370...... the citizen scientist may have been of help!

Regards
Sharath Chandra Ramakrishnan

Blr_info_airspace.mp3