Some new discoveries online

瀏覽次數:29 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Dilip Damle

未讀,
2016年11月19日 上午9:37:122016/11/19
收件者:datameet
HI,

I had an opportunity to give a talk on Fundamental conceprs of GIS on the GIS day at Bangalore makespace workshop organised by Kavita Arora.
It was a nice thing to happen, also thanks to Datameet group where she found me.

In the process of the preparations I discovered some new things that I was not aware of before. I would love to share the links here

1. https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2011/03/24/tissot-s-indicatrix-helps-illustrate-map-projection-distortion/

Tissot indicatrix is used to visually see the effect of a geographical projection. Read more about it in the above link.
You may Google and find more about it. But the above link is the only page that has a downlodable link for the indicatrix file.

2. A nice interactive page of Geographical projections : https://www.jasondavies.com/maps/transition/

3. The home page of the above link also has some great Data Visualisations.

4. For me the world of d3.js was the discovery of the day to take home from the workshop.

5. In the process of exploring d3.js examples this is an interesting one that I came across. https://bost.ocks.org/mike/fisheye/

Regards

Dilip Damle

Arun Ganesh

未讀,
2016年11月20日 凌晨12:18:322016/11/20
收件者:datameet
Dilip many thanks for a great talk, finally got my head around datum and projections :)

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

回覆所有人