India - Number of companies by employee size

Balaji Subbaraman

Mar 22, 2017, 7:39:42 AM3/22/17
to data...@googlegroups.com

Friend,

I am looking for a data like number of companies in India by Employee Size.  Something like

1000+ employees – 3000 companies

2000+ employees – 1000 companies

5000+ employees – 200 companies

Any pointer would be a great help to me!!!

Thanks

Regards

Balaji

http://knoema.com

Sutirtha Roy

Mar 22, 2017, 7:57:01 AM3/22/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Balaji: This is available in the 6th Economic Census (covers formal + informal). The MOSPI report has different bins than those you mentioned in the email. If you want to create your bins you will need to buy the unit level data from MOSPI.

http://mail.mospi.gov.in/index.php/catalog/167/related_materials > EC6_ALL_INDIA_REPORT_PUBLISHED_BY_ESD_CSO.pdf > pages 170-175

Best,
Sutirtha

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Srinivas Karuturi

Mar 22, 2017, 9:58:10 AM3/22/17
to data...@googlegroups.com

Hi Balaji,

You have the list of company master data on data.gov.in until March 2015. The data has paid up capital and authorised capital in the dataset. I have written to the chief data officer asking to see if they can publish a consolidated india wide company master data.

I know you are looking for number of employees which does not exist on the master data.

If I may ask what is that you are trying to answer with the number of employees? A better way to determine the company size could possibly be the paid up capital or authorized capital.

Regards,

srinivas