Updates: Surat City Dataportal, Municipa Maps and Workshops

Thejesh GN

Nov 23, 2016, 12:25:22 AM11/23/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
DataMeet Hangout
----------------------------
As you would know we do monthly hangouts. The latest one was on Surat City Data Portal. You can view it at

Municipal Maps
---------------------------
Devdatta memeber of Datameet has aggregated all the city maps (10 Cities) and its available at

Some interesting Events or Workshops
Interactive Data Visualisation on 17-18 Dec, 2016
We are all inspired by interactive visualisations on the web (like fivethirtyeight.comUpshot at nytimes.com) and want to create them ourselves. However, the learning curve to do it is really steep. We need to learn a new proprietary application (like with Tableau) or learn a new library (like with Bokeh in Python) or head deep into the javascript world (like with d3.js). But what if creating interactive data vis was as simple as writing markdown?

In this workshop, you will learn the art and science of crafting interactive data vis using simple tools like visdown  This will enable you to start communicating with your stakeholders using an interactive dashboard. No prior programming experience is needed to attend this workshop.

Dates: 17-18 December 2016, in Bangalore
More details and tickets - http://amitkaps.com/ivis

By the same people, oriented much more towards Machine Learning

Applied Machine Learning on 4-5 Feb 2017
Dates: 4-5 February 2017, in Bangalore
More details and tickets - http://amitkaps.com/ml

Hacker Math for Machine Learning on 3-4 Dec, 2016
Dates: 3 and 4 December 2016, in Bangalore
More details and tickets at http://amitkaps.com/hackermath