Quick help -- Bangalore shape files

Pavan Srinath

Apr 11, 2016, 11:41:58 AM4/11/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

I know that there have been a lot of discussions on this group on district & taluk shape files -- and I've subsequently gotten very lost and very confused following those threads. :)

Does anyone have shapefiles of Karnataka districts (priority) and taluks (optional)? Would appreciate it if you can share it soon.

Separately, does anyone have shapefiles of the boundaries of various Bangalore service agencies and authorities? BBMP (in zones), BWSSB, BMRDA, BDA, etc?

I know that Thej started the wonderful Open Bangalore, and it currently has the ward boundary shapefiles, and we could make that a richer repository as well, if possible.

Regards
Pavan

Justin Meyers

Apr 11, 2016, 1:32:53 PM4/11/16
to datameet
Pavan,
I have some data for districts and villages.  I'll have to check the data to make sure it is roughly correct

Dilip Damle

Apr 11, 2016, 1:44:59 PM4/11/16
to datameet
Hi,

I have been doing a lot of dabbling with a lot of data and have collected several datasets.

IMO The best free source for India districts is right here and is created by Datameet members I think Devdatta was the main member involved

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/datameet/districts/datameet/MQXzmYvC1hE/fzAgBmM8IdsJ

Pavan Srinath

Apr 11, 2016, 1:59:08 PM4/11/16
to data...@googlegroups.com