Mumbai Ward level data

435 wyświetleń

rithik...@idfcinstitute.org

nieprzeczytany,
13 gru 2015, 14:03:2013.12.2015
do datameet
Hello,

I work with a Mumbai based research institute and we are interested in doing some ward level analysis based on Mumbai.

I've downloaded the Primary census abstract which has ward level info on household amenities. However I see that the wards are identified as nos. eg. 1048 or 0835 etc. Wards as I understand, in the BMC are identified as A / B/ M west etc. Any idea if there is a one to one mapping of the census ward numbers to the BMC ward alphabets?

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you! :)

Rithika

Sumit

nieprzeczytany,
14 gru 2015, 04:14:1614.12.2015
do datameet
The first two digits of the ward number given in the Census dataset will match with the BMC's alphabetical list.

Regards,
Sumit

rithik...@idfcinstitute.org

nieprzeczytany,
14 gru 2015, 09:28:1914.12.2015
do datameet
Hey Sumit!

Just a quick qn, what do we do in case of wards such as M ward, where there is an M East and M West and similar such cases. So will we take the M E before M W because of the alphabetical order. thanks!!

Sumit

nieprzeczytany,
14 gru 2015, 10:04:0314.12.2015
do datameet
Rithika,

You can take a look at the sequence given in the Census Handbook [page 10].

Regards,
Sumit

rithik...@idfcinstitute.org

nieprzeczytany,
14 gru 2015, 10:13:5614.12.2015
do datameet
Sumittt!!! Thanks! I just cross checked the P/ North population mentioned here by choosing the 15th ward no. in the Census dataset I had and it matched! Thanks a ton!

Mayank Kedia

nieprzeczytany,
2 maj 2016, 00:28:412.05.2016
do datameet

Hello,

Do you you know what the sub divisions of the wards stand for though ? What are these entities, and would it be possible to get a shape file for these ?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

PS - I'm new to the group, so hello everyone !

Thanks

Mayank
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi