[DataMeet Delhi] Delhi Water Data Meeting, 25th April 2015

Guneet Narula

Apr 25, 2015, 6:49:27 AM4/25/15
to data...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

The Delhi Jal Board has released the Summer Action Plan 2015 last month. The Plan sets the water production targets for all Water Treatment Plants in Delhi for the summer, and identifies a series of strategies -- such as making functioning of water tankers more efficient, and locating vulnerable areas of water contamination and sewer blockage -- to reduce wastage of water and ensure more effective distribution, especially in the Juggi Jhopri colonies that do not have access to piped drinking water.

On Thursday, April 30, Sundeep Narwani of Delhi Dialogue Commission, who is working closely with the Delhi Jal Board, will join us to discuss the data challenges faced by the Board.

We are specifically inviting organisations and individuals working on issues of water and sanitation so as to follow up Sundeep’s presentation with an open discussion towards identifying a set of key data points that must be collected and opened up for effective decision-making and monitoring of the implementation of the Summer Action Plan.

The meeting will be held at Akvo office, and we will begin at 5:30 pm.

Address:

C 19/A, Green Park Extension
C/o BARTHAKUR (as mentioned on the nameplate at the entrance)

Closest Metro Station: Green Park, take the Gurdwara exit
Landmark: Akvo office is a short walk down the Gurdwara road towards Kamal Cinema. Its second house from the Hotel South Gate .
Map: http://goo.gl/QVu90t or http://osm.org/go/zmjpfDXUU-?m=

Please read the Summer Action Plan document as preparation for the meeting: http://bit.ly/djb-summer-action-plan-2015.

See you at the meeting,

DataMeet Delhi

Gora Mohanty

Apr 25, 2015, 7:45:37 AM4/25/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is the date 25th, or 30th? The date in the body does not match the one
in the subject line.

Regards,
Gora

On 25 April 2015 at 16:19, 'Guneet Narula' via datameet
> --
> ---

Guneet Narula

Apr 25, 2015, 8:14:12 AM4/25/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
My mistake, I absent-mindedly put today's date. Thanks for pointing out, it is 30th April 2015.

satyaakam goswami

May 4, 2015, 11:05:43 PM5/4/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 5:44 PM, 'Guneet Narula' via datameet <data...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
My mistake, I absent-mindedly put today's date. Thanks for pointing out, it is 30th April 2015.

​As we are still awaiting for minutes of meeting , one of the last action item was to identify the sources of data and see how it was collected also if there are any other questions regarding the SAP itself . Yes this is a sort of Datameet action plan for SAP ... :-)   . Can all of us who were present in the meeting start commenting on SAP here

the next steps are we will be getting raw data from the DJB and start cleaning and trying to make sense out of it , may be plan half a day event just for this activity  . This will help students and newcomers learn what we do and learn some.

Nisha Thompson

May 6, 2015, 2:50:33 AM5/6/15
to datameet

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org
skype: nishaqt
mobile: 962-061-2245

satyaakam goswami

May 6, 2015, 5:12:45 AM5/6/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
here is a spread sheet , with more detailed inputs , please add yours too