Help!

oommen

May 11, 2016, 4:03:57 AM5/11/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

I have for long been a silent member of this group, benefiting enormously from the discussions. I now work with ORF, on the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals in India. We focus on nutrition and health goals and monitoring of targets is an important component of our work.

We plan to have a public data portal where trends of indicators from NSSO , NFHS , CRS/SRS etc around health/nutrition will be provided with the maximum possible customisation and disaggregation, with the aim of informing public discussion.  We already have most of the data sets. A broad prototype (this one doesn't focus on health/nutrition) can be found here: http://www.indiadatalabs.org/IndiaDatalabs.aspx

Along with this, we also have plans to have constituency-wise tracking of SDG indicators(data derived from district level data, which will perhaps be a challenge), resulting in a score-card and discussions around these issues. In short, it will be a more comprehensive and dynamic portal than what we have now.

It will be great to have your inputs about the idea, and also on potential agencies, collectives, individuals with the requisite technical expertise to take up such a  task.

Thanking you in advance!

Sincerely,

Oommen.

Oommen C. Kurian
Fellow, Public Health

Observer Research Foundation
20 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area, New Delhi, 110002
Off: 011-43520020; Fax: 011-43520003

Mario Pinto

May 12, 2016, 2:39:46 AM5/12/16
to datameet
Dear Sir,

These orgs look promising and might be able to help:

Disclaimer: I do not have any first-hand experience (or connections) with these organizations.

Thanks,
Mario

Shijith Kunhitty

May 13, 2016, 1:41:29 AM5/13/16
to datameet
Hi Oomen, you should have a look at the organisations on this wiki page too: http://datameet.org/wiki/organizations-using-open-data-india  -shijith

Oommen C. Kurian

May 17, 2016, 1:20:25 PM5/17/16
to datameet
Dear Mario and Shijith,

Im sorry, for some reason I didn't get your replies in my inbox!  Thanks so very much, its really very helpful!

I am aware of a few of them - I was just wondering if someone from the group , perhaps the group itself may be interested :-)

Thanks and Regards,

Oommen.