Where can I find shapefiles for official state-level india map

prasenjit mukherjee

Mar 25, 2014, 6:52:02 AM3/25/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Where can I find shapefiles for official state-level india map. Specially looking for J&K's polygon.

-Prasenjit

indro ray

Mar 25, 2014, 7:04:42 AM3/25/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Prasenjit PFA

--
For more details about this list
http://datameet.org/discussions/

State.rar
Message has been deleted

Anand Chitipothu

Mar 25, 2014, 1:06:30 PM3/25/14
to data...@googlegroups.com, prase...@gmail.com
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Santu Mahapatra <santuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
In the hackathon at the Open Data Camp 2014, we were working on a similar project.

I am not sure if this would meet your requirements. We dowloaded some data and converted it to geojson format.

You can check out the details and the geojson data at :

That URL is giving 404.

Anand

Santu Mahapatra

Mar 25, 2014, 1:40:02 PM3/25/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry, I had to take it down. There were questions on the accuracy of the data posted.

Regards,
Santu

--
For more details about this list
http://datameet.org/discussions/
---

Santu Mahapatra

S Anand

Mar 25, 2014, 10:06:09 PM3/25/14
to Datameet
I've got a topojson file at https://gramener.com/cartogram/maps/india-states.json

You can download an SVG version at https://gramener.com/cartogram/#?map=india-states

Regards,
Anand

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM, prasenjit mukherjee <prase...@gmail.com> wrote:
Where can I find shapefiles for official state-level india map. Specially looking for J&K's polygon.

-Prasenjit

Bhanu Kamapantula

Jun 9, 2015, 12:57:35 PM6/9/15
to data...@googlegroups.com, s.a...@gramener.com
Hi,

I'm looking for a topoJSON of India that includes Telangana division from Andhra Pradesh.

Is anyone around here aware of such file?

Thank you,
Bhanu

Devdatta Tengshe

Jun 9, 2015, 1:52:37 PM6/9/15
to data...@googlegroups.com, S Anand

Hi Banu,

I have created a topojson object from the datameet maps repo, and used it in the JavaScript code in this repo: https://github.com/devdattaT/IndiaGame

If you can't extract it let me know, and I'll try to share it as a file

Regards,
Devdatta

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org

Sarath Guttikunda

Jun 9, 2015, 2:21:09 PM6/9/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Devdatta,

good evening. Can you share it as a shapefile?

With regards,
Sarath

--
Dr. Sarath Guttikunda
http://www.urbanemissions.info

Bhanu Kishore

Jun 9, 2015, 3:01:25 PM6/9/15
to data...@googlegroups.com, S Anand
This is great. Thank you for sharing Devdatta!
--
Bhanu

Devdatta Tengshe

Jun 10, 2015, 12:46:20 AM6/10/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarath,
I have added that shapefile to my Repo: https://github.com/devdattat/maps/tree/NewState

Regards,
Devdatta

Sarath Guttikunda

Jun 10, 2015, 10:06:46 AM6/10/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Devdatta,

We do air pollution modeling - national and urban, and haven't produced any updated maps, with the new state listed. Thank you for the updated state and district maps.

With regards,
Sarath

--
Dr. Sarath Guttikunda
http://www.urbanemissions.info

Sarath Guttikunda

Jun 26, 2015, 6:17:23 AM6/26/15
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Devdatta and Co.,

is there an easy to add columns to the dbf file and use it for mapping?
I can read the dbf file in excel, do the additions, but cannot save it back as dbf file for use in ArcGIS.

I found this for excel2007, not tested.
http://exceltodbf.sourceforge.net
Wondering if you have any other solutions or packages to add in excel.

With regards,
Sarath

--
Dr. Sarath Guttikunda
http://www.urbanemissions.info

Devdatta Tengshe

Jun 26, 2015, 6:37:31 AM6/26/15
to data...@googlegroups.com, sgutt...@gmail.com
What exactly do you wish to do? It wasn't quite clear.

Do you want to add a new column in the attributes table, and do your mapping using that? if so look into using qgis (http://qgis.org). Qgis is an open source GIS software, which is used for these kinds of tasks.

Regards,
Devdatta