Invitation | ORF Event: Better Data for Better Health | Monday, July 25

oommen

Jul 18, 2016, 9:14:59 AM7/18/16
to data...@googlegroups.com

Observer Research Foundation is pleased to invite you for the event, Better Data for Better Health — Developing an Indian Approach on Indicators to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals, to be held on July 25, 10.30 am to 1.30 pm at LongchampTaj Mahal HotelNew Delhi.

A major challenge to health policy-making in India is the insufficient district level data for customised and evidence-based planning.  Better data and statistics help track progress, strengthen accountability and support evidence-based decisions. A data revolution is needed in order to draw on existing and new sources of data to fully integrate statistics into decision making — to promote open access to, and use of, data and ensure increased support for statistical systems.

As part of the Foundation’s work on the Sustainable Development Goals, this event will kick off ORF’s Health Forum by engaging senior policymakers from the Central Government, representatives of the industry, civil society, international organisations, academia and media. A panel discussion at the event will deliberate upon how quality data and a robust national indicator framework can help India achieve its health and nutrition goals quicker.

Please find attached the agenda for the event.

We request you to confirm your participation to Priyanka Shah <priyan...@orfonline.org> at the earliest.

Looking forward to your participation.

Warm Regards,
Team ORF

(Photo courtesy: DFID/Flickr/CC BY-SA 2.0)

Research      |      Forums     |     Events    |      People      |      Expert Speak      |      About
Copyright © 2016 Observer Research Foundation, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
20, Rouse Avenue Institutional Area,
New Delhi-110002, India
Phone: +91 11 4352 0020
Website: http://orfonline.org

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Oommen C. Kurian
Fellow, Public Health

Observer Research Foundation
20 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area, New Delhi, 110002
Off: 011-43520020; Fax: 011-43520003
ORFevent_BetterDataForBetterHealth_July25.pdf

Gora Mohanty

Jul 18, 2016, 10:25:22 AM7/18/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What is the relevance to open data? Which of these data will be openly accessible?

Regards,
Gora

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

srinivas kodali

Jul 18, 2016, 12:25:06 PM7/18/16
to datameet
Data has a major role to play to measure and improve UN sustainable development goals, to this regard there have been global partnerships focusing on data to help UN in improving quality of life.

Healthcare data has always been used to measure access to Public Health Care Centers, Diseases, Maternity, Mortality rates and improve public healthcare.  All of this data is already open, hope this clears your query.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
"Not everyone who wanders is lost, I am probably a bit"

Oommen C. Kurian

Jul 28, 2016, 10:34:41 AM7/28/16
to datameet
Videos from the multi-stakeholder event "Better Data for Better Health" held in New Delhi discussing SDG implementation and monitoring are available here for those interested:
https://www.facebook.com/ORFOnline/videos/1020816024692121/
https://www.facebook.com/ORFOnline/videos/1020848274688896/
https://www.facebook.com/ORFOnline/videos/1020851671355223/
https://www.facebook.com/ORFOnline/videos/1020886921351698/

Kuhu Gupta

Jul 29, 2016, 2:52:36 PM7/29/16
to datameet
Hello,
I have taken up a project that deals with data visualization of public health data of a state for health policy making and even apply machine learning and predictive modelling on public health data.But I am stuck up that which questions i have to exactly answer through my visualization and what is the need of a health policy maker so that my project could help in policy making.It is not possible for me attend the workshop but if anyone could help me or connect me to someone who could guide me in understanding the requirements.